Thursday, October 15, 2009

beyond chuck bass


"Life's not always what you see; it's what going on in your head."

I am a personal believer that there is more to Ed Westwick than Chuck Bass. That's not to say I'm not a lover of Gossip Girl, which I am, but Westwick is one of the few on the show who has real merit as an actor. His IMDB profile lists him in only eleven shows or movies, one of which is still in production. It was probably seeing Westwick in a small role in Alfonso Cuaron's Children of Men that made me pay more attention his acting. He is a tenacious actor and though the lines he recites in Gossip Girl are somewhat ridiculous, dramatic, and downright hilarious, Westwick does it with all seriousness and concentration. I have not seen Son of Rambo, one of Westwick's more recent film, but I am excited to see how Peter Webber's adaptation of "Wuthering Heights" (in which Westwick plays Heathcliff) comes out. Many of whom that have read Emily Bronte's novel have a glorified, gorgeous image of Heathcliff. I am skeptical if Westwick will pull of the chiseled, rough look of the character, but we will have to wait until 2010 to find out. I am excited though to see Westwick in a more serious, demanding role that will test his performance abilities - hopefully he will make the grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment