Tuesday, February 16, 2010

How to Make It in America

Though I'll admit I haven't gotten into every series HBO's produced, I am automatically more interested in new HBO series, than say...the CW. And even though I couldn't watch How to Make It in America's premier this past Sunday (living without a TV has some pitfalls), I was extremely happy to find out I could watch it online at hbo.com. Produced by Mark Wahlberg and some of the others behind Entourage, How to Make It in America is a comedic look at a group of friends trying to "make it" in New York, and what exactly that means. Protagonist Ben (Bryan Greenberg, from Bride Wars and One Tree Hill) is no Vinny (Adrien Grenier), but he has his charm. And his sidekick Cam (Victor Rasuk) is almost as amusing as Drama and Turtle if you could combine the two. I guess the idea isn't really to compare the two shows though. I'll have to wait to see the second episode to decide if I really like the show, but they've definitely got me watching.
If nothing else has hooked me, the music has. The show's theme song (Aloe Blacc's "I Need a Dollar") is perfect. Oh yeah, Kid Cudi is also in the show. Random, yet somehow amusing. Some of his songs make an appearance too. Watch the episode, then download and listen to the episode's mixtape. Check out more about the show here too. My final decision about the show and if its plot lines are engrossing enough will be made next Sunday. Has HBO done it once again?

No comments:

Post a Comment