Sunday, October 30, 2011

Williamsburg: EGG

Luminous fall morning light woke me up from my friend's couch Thursday morning. I could see the bright oranges and yellows on the trees outside and could feel the sharp late October air. I wanted to treat myself to a leisurely breakfast and continue reading my book. 

It was a treat to finally eat at Egg, a restaurant I have been planning on going to for over a year now but had never made the trip once moving out of North Brooklyn. Though I was seated by the window and had too keep my Barbour on and the waitress was quite slow, the meal and tea were worth it. I indulged in the Eggs Rothko (an egg cooked to perfect runniness inside a thick piece of brioche with broiled cheddar cheese on top), but stuck to the side of kale instead of bacon so I wouldn't feel toooo guilty. 

135 North 5th Street
at Bedford Ave.
Brooklyn, New York 11211

No comments:

Post a Comment